Tell us about yourself and how we can connect with you.
I’m an award-winning journalist and author. In October 2020, I released my first collection of dark fantasy short stories “Inner Demons,” available in ebook and as a paperback. I’m the author of the short story ebooks “Eve the First,” “For My Sister,” and “Sammy’s Butterflies.”
In January 2021, I released my poetry ebook “A Symphony of Silence.” I will also release my debut love story fantasy novel “Warding Off Reality” in 2021.
In my spare time, I enjoy reading, shopping, traveling, working out, volunteering, and filling my mind with useless factoids worthy of pop culture trivia games. I currently live in Orlando, Florida, with my family.
What would you like to promote? (Add links, description, and a photo!)
“Inner Demons,” my dark fantasy short story collection
“A Symphony of Silence,” my poetry collection
My website/blog: www.teresa-edmond-sargeant.com
Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/teresaesargeant
What is your favorite thing about being a blogger, writer, or author?
• I love to tell stories from my perspective, traditionally told stories with fresh twists in their premises. Let’s face it: every story narrated throughout history has been told before in one form or another – nothing is new under the sun. Yet these similar stories are different because of each author’s perspective infused in them. All in all, I enjoy reading and writing stories with three-dimensional characters, witty dialogue, a unique and daring premise, and messages that make the reader think. My favorite genres to read are short stories, poetry, self-help, spiritual/religious, romance, satire, fantasy and sci-fi, and classic literature. As you can see, my literary taste is eclectic.
How do you come up with plots or characters for your book?
• I can’t really say. I go through the day doing various activities, and ideas for plots and characters pop into my head. I have my notebook to jot them down. As well, I use Evernote, a notetaking and organizing app, to arrange my brainstorms, plot outlines, and character and setting sketches. Let me tell you, I have so many ideas for short stories, poems, and books dating back years! It does seem hard to keep up with ideas popping into my head and writing them down. However, bringing them to fruition as actual manuscripts then stories for people to read is a satisfying adventure in itself.
What do you like to do for fun?
• I like shopping, reading, volunteering, traveling, watching documentaries and movies, and attending theatrical shows.
How did you get published?
• I have my own publishing imprint Heathermoors Book, which I publish just my titles. The name “Heathermoors” is derived from the setting of my favorite novel “Wuthering Heights” by Emily Bronte.
What helps you to stay motivated?
• I remind myself I’m not alone in my writing and publishing journey. Everybody makes mistakes, everyone has a learning curve. The most important factors of this journey are (a) I stay focused on my goals and (b) I have a terrific network of authors and fans to encourage me! The Central Florida author community is a thriving one, where we have a strong network of authors encouraging each other and learning from each other. I have grown a lot as a creative as a result of this group of people!
What projects are you working on right now?
• I’m in the editing process of a love story, a modern-day fairy tale set in a mental ward. It’s a passion project of mine, a story I’ve been wanting to tell, wanting to get out there in the world for many years. It has taken a lot of trial and errors in how to write this story, but it’s all coming together. The novel, “Warding Off Reality,” will be released this year (2021).
Any other information you would like to include for our readers?
• I just want to say thank you to all who had shown support for my work by purchasing and downloading my titles. Moments like these reassure me I should continue writing and publishing!